Indeed analyzed more than 3,200 full-time job advertisements posted on its website, to ascertain which roles had the highest average annual pay. The result indicates that Chief Financial Officers are the highest earners going into the year 2020. They earn an average of €112,666 as salary.
CFOs are responsible for managing a company’s financial planning and reporting. You can’t do without them regardless of the size of your company.
The research excluded CEOs as few vacancies were advertised on public sites and tended to be recruited through headhunting agencies.
Other senior financial roles also made it into Indeed’s top 20 ranking, albeit much further down on the list, with vice presidents of finance commanding a salary of £86,517 and tax directors earning £85,742 annually.
Vice president of sales came in second place on the list, with an average salary of £109,278, followed by the vice president of engineering, taking home £108,623 a year.
Medical specialist roles rounded out the top five earners. Orthodontists, which fix the appearance of teeth usually with braces, earn £99,010 and dermatologists, or skincare specialists, get paid £93,282 a year on average.
The best paid jobs in the UK 2020
- Chief financial officer – £112,666
- Vice president of sales – £109,278
- Vice president of engineering – £108,623
- Orthodontist – £99,010
- Dermatologist – £93,282
- Director of product management – £92,692
- Neonatologist – £92,003
- Rheumatologist – £91,724
- Ophthalmologist – £91,704
- Director of catering – £91,578
- Nephrologist – £91,521
- Plastic surgeon – £90,922
- Senior director – £90,059
- Paediatrician – £89,723
- Anesthesiologist – £89,501
- Managing director – £88,101
- Unit director – £86,727
- Vice president of finance – £86,517
- Tax director – £85,742
- Director of construction – £85,148